Adventure & Coaching
Castles of Vipava Valley
There was a day when castles and mansions dotted the whole valley. Some of them are still standing today, telling their hidden stories. These days renovated castles are inviting you to write fresh, new narratives.
We invite you to visit this cultural heritage of the Valley on a bike or e-bike in an exciting looped route.
- Visit 9 castles of Vipava Valley on bike
- Breathtaking views, historical monuments
- Medieval stories
- Safe guiding by certified bike guides
- Available all year round
Claustra Alpium luliarum
A late Roman barrier system guarded the crossings to Italy between the 3rd and 5th centuries. The stone walls, which were positioned in several lines in some places, were supplemented by towers, fortlets, and forts. The robust system stretched from today’s Rijeka in Croatia to the Castra – Ajdovščina in Slovenia.
- Well-preserved Roman remains
- Postojna Cave, Predjama Castle
- Accommodation in hotels/tourist farms
- Many roman legends told by experienced guides
- Experienced cycling guide